Are You Willing To Pay The Price

Have you ever noticed that when you buy something online you’re usually offered different speeds of delivery?

5-7 working days.

2-3 working days.

Guaranteed next day delivery. Even by a certain time of day.

Apart from the obvious length of time it’s going to be before you receive your goods, what’s the other main difference?

Cost.

Usually, if you’re willing to wait you can get it delivered free.

But if you absolutely must have it by 9:00am the next day you’re going to pay for it.

And that’s one way to view fitness and fat loss.

Say you wanted to lose 10lb in 5 weeks, then you’re going to have to pay a “higher cost” to achieve it so to speak.

10lbs in 5 weeks works out at 2lb per week.

To lose 2lb per week you would need to create a 7000 calorie “deficit” through diet and exercise over the course the week.

This works out at a 1000 calorie deficit per day.

It’s doable.

But.

You’ll need to train at a higher intensity during your workouts and your our workout frequency will be much higher.

Your nutrition will need to be “stricter” with less “off days” where you eat cake, pizza or drink wine.

You’ll need to make sure your hydration levels are topped up.

You’ll need to make sure you’re getting to bed on time every night and getting a full nights sleep.

You’ll need to reduce stress as much as possible.

In other words, you need to make sure that you’re doing everything in your control to ensure you achieve the desired result by the date you have set.

One problem.

Well, many problems.

Heaping that much pressure on yourself can be stressful in and of itself.

Which can lead to burnout. Dietary binges and walking out the gym because you “can’t be f@cking arsed with this sh1t!”

I should know.

I’ve been there.

And I’ve said those exact words.

But did I give up on my goals or my nutrition?

No.

I just realised that I had too much going on in my life and I’d put way too much pressure on myself to achieve X goal in Y time.

So, I extended the timeframe in which I wanted to achieve my desired goal.

This allowed me to relax my diet so I could include some of the foods I’d been craving.

My diet was still 85%-90% based on the nutrition principles I teach in my online training programs, but by giving myself 10-15% slack in my diet I could eat cake or pizza 2-3 times per week and still move forwards at a pace I was happy with.

So, if the “price” of losing 2lb per week is to high to pay, then aim for 1lb per week. That way you can have a shallower deficit, meaning you can eat more food and/or exercise less.

But you’ll still lose the same 10lb, it will just take you longer.

Still too high?

Aim for half a pound per week.

The truth is, in my opinion, unless you have to be a specific weight for a specific date, say you’re a boxer or martial artist, then there’s really no need to heap tons of pressure on yourself to attain very real and lasting weight loss results.

Eat Smart 85%-90% of the time, building your diet around nutrient dense foods and allow yourself to indulge in cake, pizza or wine the other 10%-15% of the time.

You’ll still get amazing results, and the “cost” will be a lot more manageable.

You got this.

MK

#MarcKentFitness

#FitnessReboot

www.MarcKent.com


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.